Trails Edge Applicant Qualifying Criteria:
FAIR HOUSING LAWS:
- Tails Edge does business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and welcomes persons of all race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. We believe in providing equal opportunity to all persons regardless of their age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, familial status, marital status, sexual preference/orientation and any other factor deemed impermissible for consideration in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws and we are committed to enforcing the Fair Housing Laws.
APPLICATION PROCESSING AND TIME FRAME:
- Upon application completion including accurate contact information for current and/or previous landlords, applications can usually be processed within 1-2 business days. Tails Edge pledges to process applications, whenever possible, during the same day applied. In some cases weekends, holidays, or unforeseen circumstances may require some application process times to take longer. Applicants will be contacted as soon as possible upon determination of approval or denial. All adult occupants over the age of 18 must submit a fully completed, dated and signed rental application and application fee.
- Management may terminate any agreement entered into (including the lease) in reliance on any misstatement(s) made in the application. Management may question and seek information from all person(s) and/or firm(s) named in the application and contract to lease, authorization of Management to acquire applicant’s credit report and criminal background check from any authorized credit agency. Acceptance of the application is conditional upon credit check and other verifications that are satisfactory to Management.
- In order to apply for an apartment rental applicant must submit a NON-REFUNDABLE application fee of $25 per applicant 18 years and older that must be submitted with application. Incomplete applications or applications submitted with obvious conflicts with qualifying criteria and rules will not be processed.
Upon receipt of rental application and application fee, applicants can expect and hereby authorize that Management will:
- Run a credit report.
- Check the public records for any past evictions.
- Conduct an employment verification.
- Contact previous landlord for reference.
- Perform a criminal background check.
- Submit a copy of driver’s license must be included with the application.
If any applicant has poor credit, unfavorable references, has ever been evicted or have any felonies of illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance, felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property the applicant will be declined or may be required to post an additional security deposit as a part the approval process.
Management will send applicant an electronic lease for an e-signature. The first month’s rent is paid through the payment portal at www.trailsedgeapts.com. If this first month’s payment is not made the lease will be considered unsigned the apartment may be rented to other applicants. This payment of first month’s rent paid with lease signing is nonrefundable and the lease is now in force. Security deposit must be paid through the payment portal to obtain keys and acquire occupancy. In the event an applicant fails to enter into the lease agreement or refuse to take possession of the property on or before the applied for beginning rental date, the applicant shall forfeit these funds as liquidated damages. Due to the high demand for rental homes, Trails Edge will not hold the property applied for off the rental market for more than 24 hours unless the security deposit is submitted. Failure to comply with this requirement, Management may rent the home applied for to someone else.
All applicants must see the interior of the property before an application can be submitted. Occupants have seven (7) days from move-in date to submit a list of damages or imperfections that were in the apartment before they obtained occupancy. The property must be accepted in, “AS IS” condition before an application can be accepted, except where there is written agreement for maintenance or repair items. Any such maintenance or repair request (if any) must be written and included with the check in /check out Sheet.
RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
To qualify for the advertised monthly rental amount applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three (3) times the monthly rent. Incomes must be verified in writing.
- Applicant must provide two (2) most recent paycheck stubs. Self-employed must provide two (2) years of tax returns or three (3) months of bank statements.
- One (1) years of residential history is required. Rental history must be rated satisfactory or better, with no record of late payments or evictions. Credit history and/or civil court records must not contain landlord judgements, eviction filings, landlord collections, or liens. Management will not provide applicant with the credit report or its contents; however, we will provide the name of the credit reporting agency so applicant may request a copy from the credit bureau. All information collected for the approval or denial of this application is considered confidential in nature and for company use only.
- No bankruptcies within the past five (5) years.
- No more than one NSF’s or late payment within a 12-month lease.
- All applicant(s) credit score must be 650 or higher.
TENANT REQUIRED INSURANCE:
Renters insurance is required for all leases and lease renewals. Tenants are required to name Trails Edge at 250 as an “Additional Insured”.
- Self-employed applicants may be required to produce upon request two (2) years of signed tax returns or IRS 1099 forms. Non-employed applicants must provide proof of income.
- Valid current photo ID documentation (driver’s license, military ID, or State ID) is required.
- Previous rental history reports from previous landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no NSF checks, and no damage to rental property or failure to leave the property clean and without damage when applicant vacated the property.
- Any pets must have a maximum of 40 pounds and are limited to one (1) per unit (with the exception of legally-defined emotional support or service animals which require additional EAS support documentation upon applicants request.) of any kind are not permitted without the specific written permission of Management. For additional information on Trails Edge Pet Policy and Pet Screening process by clicking on the following link: www.Trailsedgeapts.com
- Rent is to be paid online through the tenant portal or at www.trailsedgeapts.com. Keys will be released by the first (1st) day of occupancy as stated in the lease agreement. Request for keys earlier may require additional rent proration and must have Management prior approval.
- Security deposits are security for faithful performance by tenants of all terms, covenants and conditions of the lease agreement and tenants may not dictate that the security deposit be used for any rent due. Unless claimed due to a breach of lease of damages, the security deposit is refundable within 21 days of the tenants move out of the property upon expiration of the lease term.
- Maintenance and Repair – Management strives to ensure that all apartment homes and items are in good working order. Please report any maintenance or repair request during your first seven (7 ) days of possession on the check in /check out sheet.
- Applicant and any co-applicant may not withdraw an application or the application deposit. If applicant or any co-applicant withdraws an application or notifies Management about withdrawal of renting the unit, Management is entitled to retain all application deposits as liquidated damages, and the parties will then have no further obligation to one other.
Keys or Access Devices: Management furnishes keys and/or access devices only after:
- All parties have signed the lease agreement and other rental documents referred to in the lease agreement.
- All applicable rents, security deposits, admin fees and pet fees (if applicable) have been paid in full.
- Tenant provides a copy of renter’s insurance policy.
Thank you for applying to Trails Edge Apartments.